Lightning Talk - A short, 5-7 minute, talk about a specific topic in the design & development world.
Students, alumni, & mentors gather together to support & showcase the things that they have learned & are passionate about.
The intentions of the lightning talks are to support our community in their pusuit for confidence & skill growth.
- The best way to learn is to teach; level up by teaching by what you've learned
- Grow your confidence in talking about technology, development, & design by presenting to a group of like minded individuals who won't judge you & who will applaud your bravery
- Have a video showcasing your talk to share with friends, peers, & potential employers
- Shine a light on a new technology, tool, service, gem, plugin, etc that could improve the development & design life of your peers
- Most importantly because it's FUN!
It's fairly easy to get involved with the lightning talks as either a speaker or an audience member.
As an audience member:
As a speaker:
- Sign up for an account
- Upvote topics of interest
- Add a topic you want to give a talk on
- Find the topic youw ant to give a talk on
- Click the Unassigned button to assign the talk to yourself
- Contact a Lightning Talk admin in Slack for scheduling (@kenmazaika, @colinrubbert, & @david.savatski)
- Bring your amazing talk & your 'A' game to the night of your talk
On the interwebs of course! It's hosted in the same place as office hours & you'll get an email & Slack notification with the link
Thursday of the scheduled date (will be announced 2-4 weeks in advance)
What to bring:
Your funky self... and a general curiousity & your peer support